Domestic Accreditations & College Credit
All three of Habla Ya Spanish Schools (in Panama City, Boquete and Bocas del Toro) are accredited by the MEDUCA, Panama's Ministry of Education and you can obtain college credit by studying at either of our Spanish schools in Panama. The international accreditations (by the Instituto Cervantes mainly) that Habla Ya has makes this process quite straight forward to you. Please read on for more details about what you need to do to obtain college credit at our Spanish schools.
In order to get your Spanish course approved for college credit, you have to go through the following steps:
- First you'll have to submit your Placement Test, so that we can determine your exact Spanish level
- We will get back to you and provide you with the specific course syllabus according to your Spanish level
- You'll then present the course syllabus to your university or college's Spanish department and/or accreditation office and they'll determine how many hours you'll have to study for before you get approval (depending on your university it can be from 60 to 120 hours and you can do them either through private lessons, group lessons or a combination of both having from 20 to 30 hours per week)
- We will then provide you with an Official Letter of Acceptance
- Upon completion of your Spanish course (providing that you have assisted to and satisfactorily completed the course) we will provide you with an Official Letter stating that you successfully completed your Program and you'll have to present this at your university or college
Habla Ya Spanish Schools in Bocas del Toro, Panama City and Boquete are all officially recognized as Bildungsurlaub by the German State Authorities of Niedersachsen, Berlin, Rheinland-Pfalz, Brandenburg, Bremen, Schleswig-Holstein, Hessen, Hamburg and Saarland. If you're a German citizen, and are thinking about learning Spanish in Panama while taking advantage of your 5 to 10 days of Bildungsurlaub (educational leave in Germany), you have the possibility to do so at Habla Ya Spanish Schools.
Bildungsurlaub at Habla Ya Spanish Schools in Panama City, Boquete and Bocas del Toro, is available for all levels (A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 and C2): beginners (Grundstufe), intermediate speakers (Mittelstufe) and for advanced students (Fortgeschritten).
Students can have 1 or 2 weeks of lessons in our Group 4 PLUS 2 Course (30 hours per week). In order to obtain Bildungsurlaub at Habla Ya students should apply with their company's human resource department at least 2 months before the start of their program.
Bocas del Toro Sustainable Tourism Alliance
Habla Ya Bocas del Toro Spanish School is a proud member of the Bocas del Toro Sustainable Tourism Alliance (BSTA) which is dedicated to preserving the environment and authentic local culture of Bocas del Toro. The USAID Conservation of Central American Watersheds Program is working to protect the unique biodiversity of Bocas del Toro by strengthening sustainable tourism in the region. Within this program, Solimar International is implementing the Bocas del Toro Geotourism Initiative. With tourism having grown over 70% in the past decade in Bocas del Toro, unplanned tourism development is placing tremendous pressure on the area's natural resources. And this is why BSTA was born.