One of last year's favorite trips amongst our Spanish students was the visit we made to the Ngöbe-Buglé indigenous community located in Soloy. In that visit we not only discovered the Ngöbe-Buglé way of life, but we also took part in their traditional dances, participated in a handicraft lesson and learned how to make Chácaras (Ngöbe-Buglé bags). We also had the opportunity to admire Chiriqui's lowland natural beauty at its best. You can checkout photos of last year's visit to Soloy by clicking here...
During this year's Panama high season we will visit Soloy four times:
- Sunday January 22nd
- Sunday March 18th
- Sunday May 20th
- Sunday August 12th
For Habla Ya Spanish students this trip will only cost $75 per person (and $95 per person for non students).
Habla Ya student during handicraft lesson with Panamanian indigenous in Soloy, Chiriqui
The itinerary for the trips to Soloy is as follows:
- 7 a.m. - Depart from Boquete to Soloy
- 8:30 a.m. - Arrive at Jevay in the Soloy Indigenous Community - Introductory session
- 10:30 a.m. - Short Hike to Waterfall and swim in its waters
- 12:30 p.m. - Traditional Lunch
- 1:30 p.m. - Traditional Dance Exhibition called "Danza Jegui" (join in if you like!)
- 2:30 p.m. - Handicraft Lesson with the indigenous women: learn how to make Chácaras (traditional Ngöbe-Buglé bag) and Panamanian hats.
- 3:30 p.m. - Depart back to Boquete
Price includes ($75 for HY students, $95 for non students):
- Roundtrip transportation Boquete to Soloy
- Tour Guide
- Traditional Lunch, Dance Exhibition and Handicraft Lesson (materials as well)
What to bring? Comfortable cloths and shoes for hiking, swim cloths, a towel, a change of cloths, sun-block, mosquito repellent, passport or copy of it, camera, extra water and a back-pack.
If you'd like to get to know the real Panama, don't miss this opportunity to visit Soloy!
Traditional Ngobe Bugle Indigenous Dance in Soloy, Chiriqui, Panama