What's it like to learn Spanish in Panama? See it for yourself!
In Bocas del Toro, by the beach:
And in the mountains of Boquete:
An amazing Spanish learning experience...
Habla Ya is Panama's premier network of Spanish schools with campuses in Boquete and Bocas del Toro, Panama's most exciting eco-adventure vacation destinations. Habla Ya Spanish Schools are considered to be amongst the top specialist Spanish training institutions in Central America and amongst the leading providers of Spanish courses in Latin America.
Just in the last couple of years, Habla Ya has been rated by hundreds 453 of students with a perfect 5 star score. At Habla Ya Panama Spanish Schools you will not only learn Spanish: you will live a once in a lifetime experience taking home unforgettable memories of one of the most incredible language travel vacations that you could have ever imagined!
Accreditations & certifications
Habla Ya Spanish School in Boquete, in Panama's western mountains, is part of the select group of accredited Spanish schools in Latin America by the Cervantes Institute of Spain, the worldwide authority for teaching Spanish as a foreign language. Habla Ya Boquete Campus is also an Official DELE Examination Center in Central America. The DELE Test is the most widely internationally recognized certification that qualifies levels of competence and command of the Spanish language.
Habla Ya Spanish School in Bocas del Toro, the newest addition to our network of Spanish Schools, is also accredited by the Instituto Cervantes and is located in Panama's top beach town in the Caribbean. Spanish students from all over the world can now study Spanish by the sea in Bocas del Toro and then move on to the mountains of Boquete, Panama's Eco-Adventure Capital. Habla Ya Bocas del Toro Campus is also accredited as an Official DELE Examination Center in Panama. Habla Ya Spanish Schools in Bocas del Toro and Boquete are also officially recognized as Bildungsurlaub (educational leave for German citizens).
Why just learn Spanish? LIVE your Spanish learning experience! Learn Spanish in Panama in a dream setting, full of friendly faces and exciting adventures. Have the time of your life and LIVE the MOST AMAZING Spanish learning experience in Latin America with Habla Ya!
Boquete: Learn Spanish in Panama's Eco-Adventure Capital
Boquete is a charming mountain town with a wonderful sense of community. Known as Panama's Eco-Adventure Capital... for all ages, Boquete is famous for its coffee and has a fresh mountain climate with pleasant year round temperatures. Its immense variety of outdoor adventures make Boquete a superb place to study Spanish surrounded by nature.
The valley of Boquete is located in the western highlands of Panama at 1,200 meters above the sea level in the lush province of Chiriqui near the Costa Rican border. Boquete is easily accesible from David (only 38 km away), Panama's second largest city which can be reached by 45 minute flights from Panama City, 1 hour flights from San José Costa Rica or 3 hour drive plus a 30 minute boat ride from Bocas del Toro.
Bocas del Toro: Learn Spanish in Panama's Top Beach Destination
The islands of Bocas del Toro are famous for their emerald Caribbean waters, secluded golden and white sand beaches, uncrowded waves, colorful coral reef and abundant marine life. Its funky-vibrant nightlife, and friendly, chilled-back locals also add to the mix which make Bocas Panama's coolest beach town.
Bocas del Toro is definitively Panama's #1 beach town and its magic will certainly enchant you: you won't want to leave! Bocas del Toro is certainly the perfect place to learn Spanish by the beach...
The Archipelago of Bocas del Toro, is located in Panama's north west Caribbean sea, very near the border with Costa Rica, only a 45 minute flight from Panama City, a 1 hour flight from San José, Costa Rica, or a 3 hour journey by road plus a 30 minute boat ride from Boquete.
Boquete and Bocas del Toro are so close to each other that you can perfectly study Spanish at both locations: half of the time in one school and half of the time at the other one. It's just a matter of signing up and registering to learn Spanish at both campuses and then making the journey from one school to another either on Saturday or Sunday: it's only a 4 hour journey.
Not everyone wants the same Spanish course. Habla Ya Panama Spanish Schools in Central America offer different Spanish courses to suit each Spanish student's different needs. Choose a course that best meets your needs!
Different options for different needs
- Group 4 Course: 4 hours of group Spanish classes each day with a maximum of 6 students per classroom and the option of adding extra Private Spanish lessons.
- Private Spanish Lessons: any amount of hours of One to One Spanish Lessons each day.
- Basic Travelers Spanish Crash Course: a quick & intensive Spanish course to learn Spanish in Panama for your journey through Central & South America.
- DELE Exam Preparation Course: prepare for the DELE Test, take the DELE Exam at our school and get your DELE Cervantes Diploma. DELE is the only official exam recognized worldwide for Spanish as a foreign language.
- Online Spanish Lessons: learn Spanish online via One to One Skype Spanish Lessons.
- Personalized Spanish Courses: Intensive Spanish Courses, Medical Spanish Classes, Spanish for Kids, Spanish for Teens, Business Spanish, Legal Spanish Course, MiniGroups, etc.
- Part Time Spanish Course for Ex-Pat Residents: if you have relocated to Panama and now live in Boquete or Bocas del Toro this Spanish course is for you.
Besides Spanish courses, we also provide additional Spanish language services. We are an Official DELE Examination Center in Panama with an accreditation from the Instituto Cervantes and we also provide official English to Spanish translations (and viceversa) and Personal Interpreters.
Our Spanish Courses in Boquete and Bocas del Toro cost the same, so as long as we have availability, you can split your Spanish Program between both locations.
Comfortable accommodation is an essential part of your study trip. We will make you feel cozy, secure & right at home. Lodging close to our Spanish Language Schools will be arranged.
Comfortable & appropriate accommodation
- Family Home Stays: live with a local host family in Panama during your Spanish course and experience a true Total Spanish Immersion into the Panamanian culture.
- Budget Hostels, Mid-Range Boutique Hotels, Bed & Breakfasts and Top End Hotels & Resorts: Bocas del Toro and Boquete's best lodging options for travelers with different budgets! Hostal Refugio del Rio, Pension Topas, Gaia Hostel, Tungara Calipso Hostel, Casa Verde Hostel, Hostel Heike, Coconut Hostel, Isla Verde Roundhouses Inn, Boquete Garden Inn, Casa de Pedro, Hotelito del Mar, Hotel Cala Luna, Hotel Tierra Verde, The Haven Spa & Hotel, Hotel Valle del Rio, The Panamonte Inn & Spa, Valle Escondido Resort, Golf & Spa, Tropical Suites, Palma Royale Hotel & Suites...
- Vacation Rentals & Apartments: we have homes, cabins, apartments, villas, condos and vacation rentals in general if you want more independence or simply need more space and privacy during your stay in Boquete or Bocas del Toro, Panama. Isla Verde, Sunny Hills, Valle Escondido, Bocas Island Condos, El Monte Carlo Suites and others...
Whether you are looking for a budget hostel, a mid-range bed & breakfast within walking distance to our Spanish School, or a local host family that will allow you to experience the real Latin American culture and practice your Spanish 24/7, we have the ideal place for you. Or even if you're in search of a Spanish Program in Central America that will place you in a luxury resort with a heated pool, spa facilities, a first class gym, on-site restaurants, bars and a golf course, or a beach front boutique hotel, at Habla Ya we got the perfect lodging option for you and we'll make sure that you experience the most amazing language travel vacation!
We really know how important it is to have a nice place to stay. Our team of Language Travel Consultants will guide you and help you choose the best lodging option for you.
Have fun! It is much easier to learn Spanish if you have a blast after class!
Have a blast after class!
- Panamanian Dinners on Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m.
- Ecotours & Adventure Excursions on any day of the week you can hike, rock climb, surf, raft, kayak, island and beach hop, go caving, cycling, tour a coffee or chocolate farm plantation, snorkel, scuba dive, horseback, bird watch, zipline, take a dip into natural hot springs, look for turtles nesting or hatching, and much, much more... come and discover Boquete, Panama's Eco-Adventure capital and Bocas del Toro, Panama's hottest beach destination in the Caribbean!
- Free Movie Nights on Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m.
- Yoga Classes every day of the week (morning and afternoon schedules).
- Charity & Theme Parties on Thursdays at Zanzibar starting at 8 p.m.
- Get-Togethers starting on Fridays and throughout the entire weekend (parties, sport matches, poker nights, meals out, beach trips, river excursions).
- Free Latin Dance Classes (Salsa and Merengue lessons) on Saturdays at 9 a.m.
- Free Conversational Sessions every Saturday at 11 a.m. come and practice your Spanish skills.
- Panama Road Trips once or twice a month we leave Boquete and Bocas del Toro for a night or two and together we travel & explore fascinating Panama!
Not everything is about studying Spanish. If you want to learn more about the Panamanian culture, socialize, dance, party, relax or just have fun, join our cultural and social activities after classes.
Both Boquete and Bocas del Toro offer outdoor enthusiasts literally endless possibilities. Be it the beach or the mountains (or both), Panama's top eco-adventure destinations are loaded with natural beauty, adventure and excitement! And you can't miss the Panama Canal, the Casco Viejo and other very exciting Panama City Tours.
Experience a natural high in Panama
- Hiking, Trekking & Wildlife Expeditions, Caving, Botanical Tours: the famous Quetzals Trail Path, Volcan Baru Hike, Sendero El Pianista, La Artilleria, La Novia de la Montaña, Island Paths, Sea Turtle Nesting & Hatching, Jungle Hikes & Caves in Bastimentos and Isla Colon, plus more secret trails full of views, waterfalls & wildlife.
- Zip Line Canopy Tour in Palo Alto's cloud forest near Boquete and in Isla Bastimentos near Red Frog Beach.
- Whitewater River Rafting in Chiriqui's world class rivers - Panama's rafting capital.
- Rock Climbing Tours, Courses, Bouldering, Water Solos & Rappelling in Boquete and in Gualaca.
- Surfing in Bocas del Toro (Paunch, Dumpers, Bluff, Wizard, Carenero, Black Rock, Old Mans, Silverbacks, Long Beach, La Curva, Tiger Tail, Tuna, Waikiki) and in the Chiriqui Gulf (La Barqueta, Morro Negrito, Puerto Armuelles).
- Horseback Riding along the beaches of Isla Colon or in the valleys of Caldera.
- Bike Tours in and around Boquete and Bocas del Toro.
- Scuba Diving & Snorkeling in Bocas del Toro at Crawl Cay, Hospital Point, Cayo Zapatillas, Tiger Rock and other dive sites Panama's Caribbean, and in the Chiriqui Gulf National Marine Park and Coiba Island in the Pacific.
- Farming Tours to visit Boquete's coffee plantations in Alto Quiel, Jaramillo and Palmira, and to the Cacao (Chocolate) Farms in Bocas del Toro.
- Indigenous Villages visit local communities such as Soloy in Chiriqui and Salt Creek in Bocas del Toro to learn more about the local culture and way of life.
- Hot Springs & Petroglyphs Tour in the wild region of Caldera.
- Beach Trips, Boat Tours, Catamaran Sailing Tours, Sea Kayaking and Island Expeditions to Gamez, Paridas, Paridita, Bola˝os, Las Lajas, Santa Catalina, Secas and Ladrones in the Pacific and to Dolphin Bay, Crawl Cay, Bird Island, Hospital Point, Red Frog Beach, Playa Larga, Solarte, Escudo de Veraguas, Starfish Beach (Bocas del Drago), Bluff and many more islands and beaches in Bocas del Toro in Panama's Caribbean.
- Panama City Tours: the Panama Canal (partial and full transits or by train), Casco Viejo, Amador Causeway, Cinta Costera, Shopping, Embera Indigenous Community Tour, San Blas Islands, Monkey Island and Gamboa Cableway Tour, Anton Valley & Hot Springs, Beach Tours near Panama City...
Learning Spanish in Panama guarantees a vacation full of natural beauty, adventure, excitement and opportunities to relax. Combine a few weeks of Spanish classes in the mountains of Boquete and then continue your journey with Spanish lessons in the beaches of Bocas del Toro in Panama's Caribbean.
Besides Spanish Courses: if you'd like to, we can take care of everything! From suitable accommodation and after-class social activities, to eco-adventure tours, volunteering and in-country transportation, we can take care of the whole package!
A complete Spanish learning package
- Latin Cultural & Total Spanish Immersion Programs: study Spanish while living with a local host family for a proper total immersion in the Latin American culture and language...
- Active Spanish Learning Vacations: 4 - 6 hours of classes per day, a wide selection of great accommodation options, cultural & social activities and eco-adventure tours for an amazing Spanish language learning holiday. Specialized modalities of this program include but are not limited to Spanish & Surf, Spanish & Scuba Diving, Spanish & Yoga, and Spanish & Rock Climbing.
- Family Language Vacation Program: a Spanish course for each family member plus lodging and other extra curricular activities for a truly memorable and rewarding family holiday!
- Medical Spanish Immersion Programs: medical Spanish classes according to your specific medical profession plus suitable accommodation, a medical internship, cultural/social activities and eco-adventure tours.
- Volunteer Spanish Program: learn Spanish and volunteer to make the difference... for a fulfilling and meaningful holiday!
- Spanish Language Programs for High School, College and University Groups Traveling Abroad: we are the perfect partner to plan, organize and carry out the ultimate language program for your school trip abroad. We are experts helping you with: airport pickups, in-country transportation logistics, accommodation and Spanish lessons, ecotourism & adventure tours, volunteering projects and so much more!
- Spanish Exchange Program for Teenagers: language exchange programs for teens from 13 - 17 years old - a really unique experience!
- Spanish for Kids: special language learning programs for children from 4 - 12 years old to give them a head start in life!
- VIP Spanish Program: study Spanish while staying at a luxury hotel with access to a golf course, spa, swimming pool, gourmet restaurants, tennis courts, a first class gym and much more...
In search of an intensive yet flexible Spanish learning program in Central or South America? Do you want to know what a Total Spanish Immersion in Latin America feels like by living with a local host family? Looking forward to experiencing Panama's Eco-Adventure Tours? Planning the perfect Family Language Vacation in Central America? Looking for the ideal Spanish Program for Kids or an Exchange Program for Teenagers in Latin America? Or simply want a VIP Language Program? Setting up a Spanish Program for a Group of High School, College or University Students in Central or South America? Want to Learn Spanish & Volunteer? Let us take care of your Spanish Program in Latin America: Habla Ya Spanish School will make it happen!
We don't want you to just know Spanish: we want you to use it!
Learn Spanish with the experts
- Proven & effective teaching method that develops student's communicative skills.
- Level system & syllabus built under the guidelines of the Common European Framework for Languages.
- Spanish Classes conducted entirely in Spanish to get students speaking Spanish from the first moment. You not only learn Spanish... from day one you use it!
- Lesson planning based on student's specific needs and diverse learning styles.
- Skill integration with special emphasis on oral expression & listening comprehension.
- Interactive method that takes into account the cognitive process of language learning and brings real life situations to the classroom through tasks and activities.
All of our teachers have Spanish teaching or language related college/university degrees. At Habla Ya you learn easier & quicker than any other Spanish school in Central America, with better results & more fun, just how it should be!
If you'd like to help others during your time in Central America, we'd be more than happy to assist you and make it possible!
Learn Spanish and volunteer
- Amigos de Boquete Nutrition Programs
- ReAL Recycling Center Boquete Panama
- Casa Esperanza Child Care Center
- Paradise Gardens Panama Animal Rescue Center
- Loco por Leer Reading Program
- Por Los Niños Orphanage Support
- Fundación Pro Handicap Integration
- LEAF International Music Program
- San Vicente Elderly Home Care Center
- Youth Mentor Project
- Youth Development Sports Project
- Finca Azul Organic Farm
- Bocas del Toro Sea Turtle Conservation Project
- Amigos de los Animales
- Floating Doctors
Working together we create opportunities for those who would not otherwise have them and we build bridges to self-sufficiency, personal growth and human happiness. We assure you that taking the step to volunteer in Bocas del Toro and/ore Boquete, Panama will change your life and the lives of others.