What's it like to Learn Spanish in Panama? See it for Yourself!
In Bocas del Toro, by the beach:
And in the Mountains of Boquete:
An Amazing Spanish Learning Experience...
Habla Ya is Panama's premier network of Spanish schools with campuses in Boquete (Pacific mountains), Bocas del Toro (Caribbean beaches) and in Panama City. Habla Ya Spanish Schools are considered to be amongst the top ranked Spanish training institutions in Central and South America, and one of the leading providers of Spanish immersion programs in Latin America.
Just in the last couple of years, Habla Ya has been rated by hundreds 758 of students with a perfect 5 star score, more times than any other Spanish school in Latin America.
At Habla Ya Panama Spanish Schools you will not only learn Spanish: you will LIVE a once in a lifetime experience taking back home unforgettable memories of one of the most incredible language travel vacations that you could have ever imagined!
3 Schools in Panama's Top Destinations
Habla Ya Spanish School in Boquete, in Panama's western mountains, is part of the select group of accredited Spanish schools in Latin America by the Cervantes Institute of Spain, the worldwide authority for teaching Spanish as a foreign language. Habla Ya Boquete Campus is also an Official DELE Examination Center in Central America. The DELE Test is the most widely internationally recognized certification that qualifies levels of competence and command of the Spanish language.
Habla Ya Spanish School in Bocas del Toro is also accredited by the Instituto Cervantes and is located in Panama's top beach town in the Caribbean. Habla Ya Bocas del Toro Campus has also been certified as an Official DELE Examination Center in Panama.
Both Habla Ya Boquete and Habla Ya Bocas del Toro are also officially recognized as Bildungsurlaub (educational leave for German citizens).
New School in Panama City
Habla Ya Spanish School in Panama City is the newest addition to our network of Spanish Schools and opens its doors to the public on December 15th 2014. Spanish students from all over the world can now start their Spanish program in Panama City, Latin America's most cosmopolitan capital, move on to study Spanish by the sea in Bocas del Toro and then wrap up their Spanish language vacation in the mountains of Boquete, Panama's Eco-Adventure Capital.
Why just learn Spanish? LIVE your Spanish learning experience! Learn Spanish in Panama in a dream setting, full of friendly faces and exciting adventures. Have the time of your life and LIVE the MOST AMAZING Spanish learning experience in Latin America with Habla Ya!
Boquete: Learn Spanish in Panama's Eco-Adventure Capital
Boquete is a charming mountain town with a wonderful sense of community. Known as Panama's Eco-Adventure Capital, Boquete is famous for its coffee and fresh mountain climate with pleasant year round temperatures. Its immense variety of outdoor adventures make Boquete a superb place to study Spanish surrounded by nature.
The valley of Boquete is located in the western highlands of Panama at 1,200 meters above the sea level in the lush province of Chiriqui near the Costa Rican border. Boquete is easily accessible from David, Panama's second largest city (only 38 km away from Boquete), which can be reached by 35 minute flights from Panama City, 1 hour flights from San José Costa Rica or 3 hour drive plus a 30 minute boat ride from Bocas del Toro.
Bocas del Toro: Learn Spanish in Panama's Top Beach Destination
The islands of Bocas del Toro are famous for their emerald Caribbean waters, secluded golden and white sand beaches, uncrowded waves, colorful coral reefs and abundant marine life. Its funky-vibrant nightlife, and friendly, chilled-back locals also add to the mix which make Bocas Panama's coolest beach destination.
Bocas del Toro is Panama's #1 beach town and its magic will certainly enchant you: you won't want to leave! Without any doubt Bocas del Toro is the perfect place to learn Spanish by the beach.
The Archipelago of Bocas del Toro, is located in Panama's northwest Caribbean sea, very near the border with Costa Rica, only a 45 minute flight from Panama City, a 1 hour flight from San José, Costa Rica, or a 3 hour journey by road plus a 30 minute boat ride from Boquete.
Panama City: Learn Spanish in Latin America's Most Cosmopolitan Capital
Cosmopolitan and trendy are the words that always come to mind when thinking about Panama City. With people from every single part of the world, the vibe in Panama City is one of rich diversity and mixture of cultures, which certainly makes for a unique experience when visiting Central America's most modern city.
With all the amenities and conveniences of an international city, Panama City's main attractions take the form of colonial neighborhoods tastefully renovated, Central America's craziest nightlife and as a doorway to the country's top eco-adventure destinations: Boquete and Bocas del Toro.
Panama City is situated in the center of the country between the Panama Canal, the Pacific Ocean and dense tropical rainforest. You can reach Panama City through direct flights from over 15 cities in the USA, 6 European cities and almost every single major city in Latin America.
Boquete and Bocas del Toro are so close to each other (less than a 4 hour commute) that you can perfectly study Spanish at both locations after or before your Spanish program in Panama City. You will usually enter or leave the country through Panama City so that is where your program should end or start. How much time at each location? It's really up to you, depending on what you love more: the beach, the mountains or the city. But if you can, you really should give each a go as each destination will give you a very different flavor of Panama. It's just a matter of letting us know when you sign up and register.
Not everyone wants the same Spanish course. Habla Ya Panama Spanish Schools in Central America offer different Spanish courses to suit each Spanish student's different needs. Choose a course that best meets your needs!
Different Options for Different Needs
- Group 4 Course: 4 hours of group Spanish classes each day with a maximum of 6 students per classroom and the option of adding extra Private Spanish lessons.
- Private Spanish Lessons: any amount of hours of One to One Spanish Lessons each day.
- Basic Travelers Spanish Crash Course: a quick & intensive Spanish course to learn Spanish in Panama for your journey through Central & South America.
- DELE Exam Preparation Course: prepare for the DELE Test, take the DELE Exam at our school and get your DELE Cervantes Diploma. DELE is the only official exam recognized worldwide for Spanish as a foreign language.
- Online Spanish Lessons: learn Spanish online via One to One Skype Spanish Lessons.
- Personalized / Specialized Spanish Language Courses: Intensive Spanish Courses, Medical Spanish Classes, Spanish for Kids, Spanish for Teens, Business Spanish, Legal Spanish Course, MiniGroups, etc.
- Part Time Spanish Course for Ex-Pat Residents: if you have relocated to Panama and now live in Panama City, Boquete or Bocas del Toro this Spanish course is for you.
Besides Spanish courses, we also provide additional Spanish language services. Our schools in Boquete and Bocas del Toro are Official DELE Examination Centers in Panama with accreditations from the Instituto Cervantes and we also provide official English to Spanish translations (and viceversa) and Personal Interpreters.
Our Spanish Courses in Boquete, Panama City and Bocas del Toro cost the same, so as long as we have availability, you can split your Spanish Program between all of our locations without any loss of academic continuity and take advantage of the reduced rates that come from signing up for several weeks.
Comfortable accommodation is an essential part of your study trip. We will make you feel cozy, secure & right at home. Lodging close to our Spanish Language Schools will be arranged.
Comfortable & Appropriate Accommodation
- Family Home Stays: live with a local host family in Panama during your Spanish course and experience a true Spanish Immersion into the language and Latin American culture.
- Budget Hostels, Mid-Range Boutique Hotels, Bed & Breakfasts and Top End Hotels & Resorts: a selection of Bocas del Toro and Boquete's top rated lodging options for travelers with different budgets! Hostal Refugio del Rio, Pension Topas, Gaia Hostel, Tungara Hostel, Casa Verde Hostel, Hostel Heike, Isla Verde Roundhouses Inn, Boquete Garden Inn, Casa de Pedro, Hotelito del Mar, Hotel Cala Luna, Hotel Tierra Verde, The Haven Spa & Hotel, Hotel Valle del Rio, The Panamonte Inn & Spa, Valle Escondido Resort, Golf & Spa, Tropical Suites, Palma Royale Hotel & Suites...
- Vacation Rentals & Apartments: our students have access to homes, cabins, apartments, villas, condos and vacation rentals if you're seeking more independence or simply need more space and privacy during your stay in Boquete or Bocas del Toro, Panama. Isla Verde, Sunny Hills, Valle Escondido, Bocas Island Condos, El Monte Carlo Suites and others...
Whether you are looking for a budget hostel within walking distance to our Spanish School, a mid-range bed & breakfast, or a local host family that will allow you to experience the real Latin American culture and practice your Spanish 24/7, we have the ideal place for you. Or even if you're in search for a Spanish Program in Central America that will place you in beachfront boutique hotel or a luxury resort with a heated pool, spa facilities, a first class gym, on-site restaurants, bars and a golf course, at Habla Ya we got the perfect lodging option for you and we'll make sure that you experience the most amazing language travel vacation!
We really know how important it is to have a nice place to stay. Our team of Language Travel Consultants will guide you and help you choose the best lodging option for you.
Have fun! It is much easier to learn Spanish if you have a blast after class!
Have a Blast After Class!
- Panamanian Dinners on TUESDAYS.
- Ecotours & Adventure Excursions on EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK you can surf, hike, rock climb, raft, kayak, island and beach hop, go caving, cycling, tour a coffee or chocolate farm plantation, snorkel, scuba dive, horseback, bird watch, zipline, take a dip into natural hot springs, look for turtles nesting or hatching, and much, much more... come and discover Boquete, Panama's eco-adventure capital and Bocas del Toro, Panama's hottest beach destination in the Caribbean!
- Free Movie Nights on WEDNESDAYS.
- Yoga Classes EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK (morning and afternoon schedules).
- Party Time on FRIDAYS and SATURDAYS!
- Get-Togethers starting on FRIDAYS and throughout the ENTIRE WEEKEND (parties, sport matches, poker nights, meals out, beach trips, river excursions).
- Free Latin Dance Classes (Salsa and Merengue lessons) on SATURDAYS.
- Free Conversational Sessions every SATURDAY come and practice your Spanish skills.
- Panama Road Trips once or twice a month we leave Boquete, Panama City and Bocas del Toro for a night or two and together we travel & explore fascinating Panama!
Not everything is about studying Spanish. If you want to learn more about the Panamanian culture, socialize, dance, party, relax or just have fun, join our cultural and social activities after classes.
Both Boquete and Bocas del Toro offer outdoor enthusiasts literally endless possibilities. Be it the beach or the mountains (or both), Panama's top eco-adventure destinations are loaded with natural beauty, adventure and excitement! And don't miss the Panama Canal, Casco Viejo and plenty of other exciting tours around Panama City.
Experience a Natural High in Panama
- Hiking, Trekking & Wildlife Expeditions, Caving and Botanical Tours: the famous Quetzals Trail, Volcan Baru Hike, Sendero El Pianista, La Artilleria, La Novia de la Montaña, Island Paths, Sea Turtle Nesting & Hatching, Jungle Hikes & Caves in Bastimentos and Isla Colon, plus more secret trails full of views, waterfalls & wildlife.
- Zip Line Canopy Tour in Palo Alto's cloud forest near Boquete and in Isla Bastimentos near Red Frog Beach.
- Whitewater River Rafting in Chiriqui's world class rivers - Panama's rafting capital.
- Rock Climbing Tours, Courses, Bouldering, Water Solos & Rappelling in Boquete and in Gualaca.
- Surfing in Bocas del Toro (Paunch, Dumpers, Bluff, Wizard, Carenero, Black Rock, Old Mans, Silverbacks, Long Beach, La Curva, Tiger Tail, Tuna, Waikiki) and in the Chiriqui Gulf (La Barqueta, Morro Negrito, Puerto Armuelles).
- Horseback Riding along the beaches of Isla Colon or in the valleys of Caldera.
- Bike Tours in and around Boquete and Bocas del Toro.
- Scuba Diving & Snorkeling in Bocas del Toro at Crawl Cay, Hospital Point, Cayo Zapatillas, Tiger Rock and other dive sites Panama's Caribbean, and in the Chiriqui Gulf National Marine Park and Coiba Island in the Pacific.
- Farming Tours to visit Boquete's coffee plantations in Alto Quiel, Jaramillo and Palmira, and to the Cacao (Chocolate) Farms in Bocas del Toro.
- Indigenous Villages visit local communities such as Soloy in Chiriqui and Salt Creek in Bocas del Toro to learn more about the local culture and way of life.
- Hot Springs & Petroglyphs Tour in the wild region of Caldera.
- Beach Trips, Boat Tours, Catamaran Sailing Tours, Sea Kayaking and Island Expeditions to Gamez, Paridas, Paridita, Bola˝os, Las Lajas, Santa Catalina, Secas and Ladrones in the Pacific and to Dolphin Bay, Crawl Cay, Bird Island, Hospital Point, Red Frog Beach, Playa Larga, Solarte, Escudo de Veraguas, Starfish Beach (Bocas del Drago), Bluff and many more islands and beaches in Bocas del Toro in Panama's Caribbean.
- Panama City Tours: the Panama Canal (partial and full transits or by train), Casco Viejo, Amador Causeway, The Biomuseo, Cinta Costera, Shopping, Embera Indigenous Community Tour, San Blas Islands, Monkey Island and Gamboa Cableway Tour, Anton Valley & Hot Springs, Beach Tours near Panama City...
Learning Spanish in Panama guarantees a vacation full of natural beauty, adventure, excitement and opportunities to relax. Combine a few weeks of Spanish classes starting in Panama City, the country's vibrant capital, move on to the mountains of Boquete and then continue your journey with Spanish lessons in the beaches of Bocas del Toro in Panama's Caribbean.
Besides your Spanish Course, we can take care of everything else! From suitable accommodation and after-class social/cultural activities, to eco-adventure tours, volunteering and in-country transportation: we will arrange everything for the perfect language travel holiday!
A Complete Spanish Learning Package
- Spanish Immersion Programs: study Spanish while living with a local host family for an authentic total immersion in the Latin American culture and language...
- Active Spanish Learning Vacations: including but not limited to Spanish & Surf, Spanish & Scuba Diving, Spanish & Yoga, and Spanish & Rock Climbing. 4 - 6 hours of classes per day, a wide selection of great accommodation options, cultural & social activities and eco-adventure tours for an amazing Spanish language learning holiday.
- Family Language Vacation Program: a Spanish course for each family member plus lodging and other extra curricular activities for a truly memorable and rewarding family holiday!
- Medical Spanish Immersion Programs: medical Spanish classes according to your specific medical profession plus suitable accommodation, a medical internship, cultural/social activities and eco-adventure tours.
- Volunteer Spanish Program: learn Spanish and volunteer to make the difference... for a fulfilling and meaningful holiday!
- Spanish Language Programs for High School, College and University Groups Traveling Abroad: we are the perfect partner to plan, organize and carry out the ultimate language program for your school trip abroad. We are experts helping you with: airport pickups, in-country transportation logistics, accommodation and Spanish lessons, ecotourism & adventure tours, volunteering projects and so much more!
- Spanish Exchange Program for Teenagers: language exchange programs for teens from 13 - 17 years old. A truly unique experience!
- Spanish for Kids: special language learning programs for children from 4 - 12 years old to give them a head start in life!
- VIP Spanish Program: study Spanish while staying at a luxury hotel with access to a golf course, spa, swimming pool, gourmet restaurants, tennis courts, a first class gym and much more...
In search of an intensive yet flexible Spanish learning program in Central or South America? Do you want to know what a Total Spanish Immersion in Latin America feels like by living with a local host family? Looking forward to experiencing Panama's Eco-Adventure Tours? Planning the perfect Family Language Vacation in Central America? Looking for the ideal Spanish Program for Kids or an Exchange Program for Teenagers in Latin America? Or simply want a VIP Language Program? Setting up a Spanish Program for a Group of High School, College or University Students in Central or South America? Want to Learn Spanish & Volunteer? Let us take care of your Spanish Program in Latin America: Habla Ya Spanish Schools will make it happen!
We don't want you to just know Spanish: we want you to use it!
Learn Spanish with the Experts
- Proven & effective teaching method that develops student's communicative skills.
- Level system & syllabus built under the guidelines of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages and approved by the Instituto Cervantes.
- Spanish classes conducted entirely in Spanish to get students speaking Spanish from the first moment. You not only learn Spanish... from day one you use it!
- Lesson planning based on student's specific needs and diverse learning styles.
- Skill integration with special emphasis on oral expression & listening comprehension.
- Interactive method that takes into account the cognitive process of language learning and brings real life situations to the classroom through tasks and activities.
All of our teachers have Spanish teaching or language related college/university degrees. At Habla Ya you learn easier & quicker than any other Spanish school in Central America, with better results & more fun, just how it should be! Check out what students have to say about their experience with Habla Ya!
If you'd like to help others during your time in Central America, we'd be more than happy to assist you and make it possible!
Volunteer Projects in Panama
- Amigos de Boquete Nutrition Programs
- ReAL Recycling Center Boquete Panama
- Casa Esperanza Child Care Center
- Paradise Gardens Panama Animal Rescue Center
- Loco por Leer Reading Program
- Por Los Niños Orphanage Support
- Fundación Pro Handicap Integration
- LEAF International Music Program
- San Vicente Elderly Home Care Center
- Youth Mentor Project
- Youth Development Sports Project
- Finca Azul Organic Farm
- Bocas del Toro Sea Turtle Conservation Project
- Amigos de los Animales
- Floating Doctors
Working together we create opportunities for those who would not otherwise have them and we build bridges to self-sufficiency, personal growth and human happiness. We assure you that taking the step to volunteer in Panama City, Bocas del Toro and/or Boquete, Panama will change your life and the lives of others.